Tuesday, 5 May 2015

HOW TO ARRANGE YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER


We all love Pinterest, but when you start you don't necessarily plan how your boards are going to load up. As you think of a board, you create it and then pin to it ... and they arrange themselves in date order as you add them.

This is great, until suddenly you have a lot of boards, and a lot of pins ... and it all starts looking very confused and messy. So you'll be really glad to know it's very easy to rearrange things - if a little time consuming. Plus it helps if you can spell, lol.


All you need to do is click on the header area of the pin you want to move, which highlights it ...


... and then drag and drop it into position! Voila!

You may find it'll move around a bit as the other boards try to rearrange themselves, but don't worry about it. Get it into the general area you want it (especially if moving a pin from the bottom of your home page area, way up to the top) and then fine tune the positioning.

I've now rearranged all my boards (and deleted a couple which had hardly any pins in) so they're a lot easier to see, and less confusing to the eye.

Job done!

your photo name

8 comments:

  1. I was wondering how to do that. Thanks for sharing! I have it pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen - Glad to help! And thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Susie. I really need to do this. You are so sweet to share this tip. I will pin it too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat - both for leaving a comment, and pinning! OOOH, I'm famous, lol lol lol

      Delete
  3. I use to be able to move boards in alphabetical order using this method but lately it does not allow me to add a board between 2 excisting boards - it can only swop places but not add in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown
      I've replied in the post below - hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. I use to be able to move my boards around in alphabetical order, but now it doesnt allow me to slot a board in between excisting boards. If I now create a board say... "Appels" it will add that board at the end of your boards so when i want to move it up to the "A's" and want to slot it between my last "A" board and my "B"'s then it will take the place of one of those and move that board to a random spot - sometimes it just swop places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruald
      I've just tried moving a board now - 'Instagram' was at the very bottom of all my boards, as it was a new one. I've now slotted it between 'I design for' and 'jewellery'. I did have to juggle a bit as it swapped a couple of boards round, but has gone into place with a little perseverance.

      I would say however, that now the vote seems to be that we have our most popular boards at the top, and not in alphabetical order! Which means even more editing, as 'they' say we should also delete unpopular boards and posts! Here are a couple links you might like to look at:
      http://www.sarahtitus.com/2015/01/23/9-reasons-you-should-be-deleting-your-pins-pinterest/
      http://iheartplanners.com/2013/03/01/how-to-organize-your-pinterest-boards/
      Hope this helps!

      Delete

I absolutely love to receive comments!

But please note - I DO check for spam, and I moderate all comments - any spam is deleted at source.