I don't know about you, but I find it really annoying to have that 'Powered by Blogger' attribution widget at the bottom of my blogs. As I use my own customised backgrounds, I feel it totally spoils the look - and is also totally unecessary, as anyone can see it's a Blogger blog - and therefore it's obvious it's powered by Blogger.
So here is how to remove the widget.
1. Go to Design > Page Elements view > Edit HTML. Before you do anything, download a copy of your blog (you should always do this before experimenting... just in case...)
2. Type CTRL + F on your keyboard to bring up the 'Find' box (command + F if using a Mac, I believe) and then type the word attribution into that box. The word will highlight in green in your coding, and the html will automatically have scrolled down to the right place.
3. As shown, you need to change the wording in two places. Where you see showaddelement='no', you need to change the 'no' to a 'yes'. And where you see locked='true', you need to change this statement to 'false'. Then click Save Template.
As you can see, I have changed these two statements (and highlighted them in pink to make them easier for you to see) and then I saved the template.
4. Go back to Page Elements view and you will now see a widget at the bottom of your blog, titled Attribution.
5. Click on Edit - this brings up the widget box. You can now click the blue Remove button to delete this widget from your blog.
Just to reassure you - you aren't contravening any copyrights by doing this, as all the information is repeated in the body of the html. So it's still there, but not in the middle of your footer!
A nice easy tweak, but it really improves the appearance - especially if you have a really spiffy background!