Friday, 26 February 2010

SPELL CHECK?

 
Copyright-free image from Art-e-Zine

Terri left a comment on my last post about Blogger's new editor and the disappearing spell check facility. I know a lot of people are missing it!

I decided to investigate a little, and took a look on the Blogger help groups etc, and the concesus seems to be that you either download IE or Firefox's own spell checkers, or revert to the old Blogger editor. NOT satisfactory!

Personally, I'd hang fire for the moment as Blogger seems to be adding new widgets all the time - the New Page facility appeared out of nowhere just over 2 weeks ago. And there are thousands of complaints about the spell check disappearing.

Meantime - the solution!

If you download LiveWriter: for PC or for Mac - it has a spell check facility built into the programme (click Tools on the top toolbar when in LiveWriter) which saves a load of headache.

Hope this helps!

post signature
your photo name

5 comments:

  1. also if you use FIREFOX instead of Internet Explorer it spell checks everything- I'm a convert- I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to drop in and say what a fabulous picture and pose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susie,

    Thanks so much for responding to my editor problems...I have Firefox set to let me know when new updates are available and then I update...I'll go to their site and download again just in case I missed something..I know I updated last week.

    Sooooo. this is totally lame for Blogger to do away with the spell checker...that is something that should always be included. I agree though..that blogger is making a lot of changes right now and we must be patient...after all, we must not complain to loudly since it's all FREE for us. :0)

    Having said that I have wondered if in the future if Blogger will offer a "for fee" platform that may offer more functionality..like wordpress..Blogger seems to be "playing catch-up" so maybe the future does hold much better things for us here at blogger.

    I'll let you know what happens when I change back and forth on the editor.

    ♥ Love & Faerie Dust ♥
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo - thanks so much

    Vande - bet you're glad I put the link so you can get a copy, lol. It's so elegant, evocative, timeless...

    Stephanie - do keep me updated on this. If you are still having problems, I'll try to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this post. I really need that spell checker so I do the old way of posting. I can't believe they would remove such an important feature. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to receive comments!

But please note - I DO check for spam, and I moderate all comments - any spam is deleted at source.