Sunday, 6 September 2009

HOW TO FOLLOW A BLOG

Copyright-free image from Tack-o-Rama







I've had a couple of emails asking me how to follow a blog - and one asking me how to update their Follower picture. These are part & parcel of the same thing, so I thought I'd do a little tutorial for you.

The easiest way to update a picture is to stop following a blog - then follow it again. Here's how:

1. Click on the blog link, and copy the url as you will need this link. This will save to your clipboard until you want to use it.

2. Stop following the blog.












To follow a blog (those of you updating your picture will want to follow the blog again).

1. Find the address of the blog and copy it - or click FOLLOW BLOG at the top of the blog (not all blogs have the Blog bar enabled).

 
2. Paste the blog url here and click NEXT.










3. Decide whether you want to follow publicly (this adds your picture, and lets the blog owner know you are a Follower. It also reflects in her blog stats, eg: 101 Followers, etc). Following anonymously means your picture will not be seen in the followers' box  in a blog sidebar, and also does not add to the blog stats.

So a blog author could have 10 public followers and 325 private followers. The blog will only show she has 10 followers (and she'll think nobody loves her).

  
Now you're following the blog - and you'll see the updates of the blogs you are following in your Reading List. Just scroll down to see the latest entries, and either click on the entry in the frame (right) or the name of the blog in your list (left).












I hope this helps!
your photo name

1 comment:

  1. Excellent as always! I think it has been a while as I did not recognize all the changes you've made to this blog! Love your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to receive comments!

But please note - I DO check for spam, and I moderate all comments - any spam is deleted at source.